
Another great couple of days with my family! Last night my hubby, the exchange student and I went on a road trip 90 miles from home to see RENT. We had a wonderful time. What a great production. Our exchange student enjoyed it, I think. He hasn't really said too much about it, but my hubby tells me he was singing from the song book we bought last night-- oh and he wore the RENT shirt to school today too. I'm going to guess that means he had a good time. I hope so.
Today I took my son Zach on a school trip to the University of Wisconsin in Madison. He was at a lecture on nanotechnology. It was just amazing how he was able to answer questions after the lecture. Sometimes I am just flabbergasted at how sharp he is.
To be honest, it is my great joy to show people new things and to watch people learn and grow.
Like taking Zach to a college. That is also one of the great things about having Julien around. There is so much to show him.
In case you haven't been reading my blog, I am having a birthday this Saturday. This weekend we have more opportunities for new things.
Spending the night at a museum
Zoo
Second City with friends (sketch comedy)
As is a birthday tradition, I have order a strawberry whip cream cake with blood red flowers. I will have Burgoff red and be with people I love.
Then there is Sunday and then Halloween and I love this time of year!!
So if I'm not in cyberspace sorry.. I am just out collecting more things to write about later.
8 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KID!!..Indulge yourself.
We just saw Rent last Wednesday... I wonder if it was the same cast as your show?
Have a great birthday!!!!
Hey, believe it or not, I have a step-son that goes to the University of WIsconsin, Osh-Kosh.
Were like neighbors and shit...sorta...no? ;)
Steve~
Sling--glug glug glug
JP-- May have been-- it was a great cast. Thank you!!
Steve- I actually think you and I are the same person living in two similar parallel universes. I can’t wait to see what happens next! Oh, and how the hell young are you that you don't know Ray Rayner but you know Bozo?
Happy Birthday. I hope that you live it up and party like a rockstar. God knows we all need it from time to time.
I saw Rent a few years back and its still in my top 3 favorite plays.
:) I still love to learn new things. One of the best parts of parenting is teaching them new wonders. Today was toilet flushing, tomorrow perhaps changing a tire. Who knows?
So I shuffled over here from Steven's blog because I saw you were on RAY RAYNER. Steven gets on Bozo and you get on Ray Rayner and, me, nothing. It's probably those evil thoughts I had about Chelveston the duck.
And, then, when I popped over here, I saw you'd just been in Madison, where I'm parked right now, in my house, writing.
It's Saturday ...
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear City Mouse,
Happy birthday to you!
Yay! Hope you are having a great time wherever you are.
Dan (back east, trying to keep dry during a monsoon)
Happy Birthday CM! Hope you have a good one!
Post a Comment