I leave Friday at 6:30 AM for my LGMC training retreat. We will concentrate on team building activities. I'll be with no phone and no puter...Will I survive?
I really don't know what to expect, but considering my restless mood, this may be a good thing. I am feeling very uninhibited and so a team challenge may be just what I need. These people don't know me so I can be anyone I want to this weekend. I think I'll be Wonder Woman!! Naw... Maybe just Annamarie!
I do have some good news to report. The promotional video for Challenger Discovery Centers was just released. My son had a part in this production (two years ago) and he was great. I will pick up a copy of the DVD today and we are planning a premier party for my son Zach.
This is great timing. Zach has been second fiddle since Julien, our AFS student, has been here. Zach is no longer the oldest and although he has been doing well with his new role as middle child, he could use this ego boost. I think it will be good for Julien to see too. We give Julien a lot of well deserved attention, but I would like him to see how we are a family of talented people... that's why he fits in so well.
Another note, we are planning a trip to California over the holidays. (my restless self loves this idea) We want to do the Hollywood / LA/ thing. We want to see the ocean. My mom lives in Fresno so I need to take a day and see her for lunch. If you have any incites on where to stay or where not to stay, that would be great! I have the 3 kids 17, 13 & 10 with us so keep that in mind if you have any advice. Oh, prefer hotel / time share rather than motel!
And just a few thank you-- I hope I don't miss anyone but you guys are all so wonderful ... Can I make it 2 days with out you all
Allan- who gave me the best advise-- not to shave my head!
Sling --about the mad blogger
All you new readers (like Adam mike and Mitch) thanks for the comments, you make me feel special
Fluff-- my inspiration (glug glug snack snack)
FF -- you'll be fine, welcome back
Girsh -- I still like the name of your blog
jpdc--for keeping it fun and so I don't have to watch TV to keep up with things
Okay if I didn't snap you I am sorry... but Ill get you after the weekend.
Oh as far as the tattoo goes... I thought there was a symbol in Chinese or Japanese that represented both chaos and alos something postive-- I read it some where once... If I can find that...hmmm!
4 comments:
Good Luck! Have a great time!
When and if you do , please give me a call. My phone won't let me dial out of the area 'cuz ATT is now part of SBC and if I leave even less tha $3 on the bill I can't get out of my area.
Excellent! It's neat reading about your (covert and otherwise) plans after meeting you. Cool, is what!
Hope Jim enjoys the book.
Have fun,learn lotsa stuff,then hurry back and share. :)
Post a Comment