Every so often I get on a WGN radio kick. Talk radio can be informative, and inspiring or it can be insulting. The past two days I've felt insulted.
Radio Show 1
Topic: Real Estate
Synopsis: The hosts went back and forth on how to react when you see a home you like. They say how horrible it is for your position if you say anything nice about the home you are looking at.
Rant: It just depends if you have a real estate agent who represents your interest. Of course that point was never brought up. They just argued back and forth in an uneducated way. The consumers listing were given some bad advise because they were never told they could hire their own agent, tell them everything, and it has to be kept confidential and only used to their own benefit. Now over the next two weeks I am going to meet new clients and I will have to undo the damage that was done by two people who have no clue. Maybe I'll go and be a radio host-- how hard could that be!
Radio Show 2
Topic: People who are chronically nice
Synopsis: It was how it is really bad to be nice and how it's all your parents fault because they expected you to be good. Now you're a people pleaser and your too nice. You do good things for other people for no good reason and you ask nothing in return. You go to church and volunteer. You apologies when you make a mistake. You don't scream when some one cuts you off cause you figure they are just having a bad day. You are nice, the world isn't therefore you are wrong.
Rant: I can't believe this one! Would some one just shoot me now? What the hell is wrong with being nice. Maybe if there were more nice people in the world we wouldn't have things like sniper shootings, school bombings, hunger, and dare I say war. How bad would it be if before we spoke... Every one of us... We thought about what we really wanted to accomplish,then we thought about the wants and needs of the other person. And then figured out a way to phrase our request as not to offend and to keep the other person's feelings and opinions in mind, even if they differ from ours. Oh wait, I'm sorry, that wont work. Opps I'm not suppose to say sorry, that may be nice.
Radio Topic 3 Monogamy; does it work?
Synopsis: I got in on the tail end of this one. Set new boundaries to save your relationship. Humans are not engineered for monogamy. We all need to be out screwing everyone to be happy. It is the age old question-- can humans really be monogamous?
Rant: This one recirculates every once in a while. I actually love take both sides of this argument-- just to pick a fight! It can be fun at parties! Can we be? Yes! Do we always want to be? No! Is it better to have and open relationship or a closed one? Well I guess that depends on who you are. As for the people I know, when your old enough to be in a relationship (and who among us is? I cant answer that only you can) It make it a whole lot easier if you don't cheat. Cheating causes problems for everyone.
Oh.. But Anna.... It wasn't cheating, we weren't really in a relationship! We aren't married, been married to long, have an understanding. Bull shit. If you in a relationship, and you fuck it up it is your problem. Just say no. Know your boundaries and don't cross them. And if your not in a relationship, protect yourself and see the last rant about being nice.
6 comments:
Great rant!!
Topics 2,3- couldn't agree with you more. What is wrong with being nice or being monogamy??? I know I am and am proud of it.
MOM
Rant#1-I've purchased 1 home in my life,and the agent found exactly what I wanted,at the right price...A job well done!
Rant#2-Being nice is the option truly self-confident people take...Anyone can be a jerk.
Rant#3-Monogamy?..Well,..I've been married twice with the understanding that,"'Till death do us part"..So I'm probably not the best person to offer an opinion.
#1 Outside my realm...
#2 Right on! Isn't that person arguing AGAINST the Golden Rule?, as well as against plain common deceny? Godzilla forbid we should be nice to each other.
#3 Never been married but I think I'd try if I ever met the right woman.(Good luck, right?)
- had a couple 'GFs' that were a lot less divorced than I was told. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but I felt pretty bad when I found out...
maybe my opinion isn't worth salt either...
I think everyone has a right to an opinion and a good rant!
Thanks guys
#1 I built my home (am building as I can afford materials) so beyond me..
#2 I like nice people...
#3 Am married. Got married with an understanding...
Post a Comment