http://www.waterdogmusic.com/artists/badexamples/images/web/ralph.jpg
Friday night the last of my mother's day gift was used. For mother's day this year my family got me tickets to three concerts (the Jammin' at the Zoo series)
This was They Might be Giants. In case you don't know them, they do the Malcom in the Middle theme song, among other things. Back in 1990, I saw them at the Metro. I went to the concert all by myself, because of the lack of interest of my other friends. It was a great show (I think the ticket was like 5 bucks) I love the energy they put into their concerts.
The drive in was hell, (read previous post) but we made it one piece. The rain had stopped and we got out of the car and I was ready for a great show. Jim was able to find us a place on the lawn to the right of the stage. We could see the band very well in between the equipment. The place was packed! The opening band was really good, and we were able to get their autographs and I got a picture with the band.
As I picked up the CD for Pyrus Hall, I noticed a bunch of CD's by Bad Examples. I stuck up a conversion and found out they were also playing!!!! Ya!!! I love the Bad Examples.
Back in the days whey my now husband felt he had to treat me well, (yes it's a dig) he recorded a tape (yes cassette tape) with the song "One Perfect Moment".
As we were waiting for the band to get on stage, local DJ, and Radio personality Lin Brehmer came out from back stage. (My husband pointed him out) I took Julian over and asked if it would be okay to snap a picture of the two of them. What a great guy! He struck up a conversation, and offered us some cubs ticket ! Wooohhooo!!! I don't think Julian understands what a big deal it all is, but trust me, it's a big deal.
I really hope Julien had a good time. I know my kids did.
I know I did!
I danced and drank and danced and hooted and sang! They Might Be Giants were great! How I love live music. I forget how good I feel being at a live show. It is so much fun. I really need to get out more. It does my mental health a world of good to be out dancing.
Tomorrow is Folk Fest at our church. More live music, but of a different type. I don't mind folk, at the right place. Ed hall is playing. He is one of the most talented guitar players I have ever seen. I happen to be the MC. I have done this for 3 years now and it is fun. It's a long day, but I have always loved being around talented people.
Tonight Julien has a few friends over. I know now what will be the hardest thing for me as my kids get older-- it's the letting go. I just think of myself as a young person and it's tough not to be with them having fun too! I think having Julien around will help me with that. He is good about sharing information, showing me the pictures and letting me know what's going on. My kids should be grateful that Julien is such a good kid.. He is paving the way for them.
5 comments:
Great band! Glad to hear they still got it going.Old folks rock!
Sounds like a real good time...
I'm jealous.I haven't been to a live concert in years.
Allen- you know them???
Grish- yep and I wasnt even too hung over the next day
Sling- get on that bike and get your butt to a concert. You'll feel much younger / or much older
Yay! Great stuff.
Post a Comment