First dance.5:00 PM Let go him for pictures. Dropped him off at the school so we could check his schedule with the counselor. Heard the girls in the halls "There he is!" "Where did he go? He's in the office! Did you see him?" I just left and pretended I didn't hear... Even though my son repeated the words.
6:30 PM Called to check if he needed a ride. "I am with Ben, we are driving to the (traveling Vietnam) Wall." I replied "Okay, Jim is there. See you later"
7;30 PM Jim informed me Julien was going to the game, out for pizza, and maybe to the dance.
"What time will he be home"
"I don't know"
"Did you ask?"
"No, I just figured he'd be home after the dance"
"Would you do that with our kids?"
"No, I guess not"
"Just remember that"
"I will, but not until they are 16"
8:30 PM the phone rings. "Hello?" I answer, even though I know who it is. "Hello, I am now going to the dance with Ben"
"Will he give you a ride home?"
I hear him ask
"Yes, he will"
" Okay, be home by 11:30. Have fun, but not too much fun"
He laughs
So it's 10:30. How do parents do it? Don't you wonder how they are? If they are okay? I'm sure it is just fine, but I'm grabbing a beer! the pressure is just too much for me.
Will he talk when he gets home? Will he just blog to his friends? Errggg. Hey, if you find his blog let me know! At least I'll know what is going on!
3 comments:
SPYING on yer teen's Blog??..Congrats,..THAT'S how parents do it.
Yep, you'll do fine. Glad you're back. I'll visit loger soon.
Longer, I mean.
Post a Comment