Tuesday, September 01, 2009





Sure Aunt Virgina was crazy. She was even crazier than her brother, my grandpa Frank. After Grandpa Frank died, she didn't come around as often. She became a recluse.




But she was family. Grandma Annette treated her well to spite her rambling and fits of anger. "She's family," grandma would say plainly and firmly.

She was one of the only relatives that would come around to visit. She was a fixture in our home for Sunday spaghetti and Good Friday cod fish. I guess because we were just as crazy as she was.

She passed away. Another death in our family. More time passing.

My son made a comment to me the other day. "I'm starting to collect funeral cards like kids collect Pok-e-mon cards mom. "

How do you respond to that?

2 comments:

Miss Healthypants said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt!

And I'm not sure what I would say to your son. Death is never easy, no matter what age you are.

I guess about the only thing you can do is live each moment to its fullest. :)

Sling said...

So sorry to hear about your Aunt,and sorry that your son is getting more than his issue of death in the family.