Thursday, September 17, 2009

What a bunch of bullshit

So we had our back to school meeting at work. The one where they go over the basics and yea... it was bullshit.

They tried to talk with us about attitude as they slammed the job we did. They told the scowl er to smile -- "But I'm just always deep and thought so I can't smile."

They said --- "Well it's your choice" with sarcasm and cynicism in their tone. I hate hypocrites -- and I work with a bunch.

But I need my job. So I focus on MY attitude and what I can do...

And let me just tell you that if I had the opportunity, this is how I would have done the training.

Welcome everyone. We know you have pressures with the new school year starting, and we are going to try to give you some tools to help make this time better than ever for you.

The interesting thing is you already have these tools, and you use them already, but we think it we need to remind you just how great you are.

1. Smile. You think H1NI is contagious? Nothing is as contagious as a smile. Think of something wonderful and use that --- just smile at each other and over the phone.

2. Catch someone doing something good and tell them. We spend too much time placing blame and error in others. Those things are easy to see so why point them out? Find something good about your customers and your co-workers.

3. Take personal responsibility for your action and don't be afraid to ask for help. We have a very seasoned staff here. We all really know how to do our jobs, but sometimes things can come up that we haven't done in a while or may be able to learn from someone else. If you do make a mistake, take responsibility for it, apologize, correct it and the EVERYONE MOVE ON!!!!!! Learn and move on!!!

4. Focus on the customer --- one at a time. Give them your full attention. Listen to their needs and do your best to meet them and exceed them. Thank you, is there anything else, and your name and extension will show you care --- really.

5. Have fun. Yes, this job can get overwhelming and dull and bla bla bla-- so find one thing each day that makes you come back (well other than the pay check!) So have fun while you are here. Meet the challenges --- overcome them and congratulate yourself.

No comments: