
This was the family on Halloween. But that's not what I want to talk about
I want to talk about sex.
Okay, I was flipping through the TV channels hoping to catch the noon news when a line caught my attention and I had to stop.
"Stay vertical" that line in your book made me laugh." said the middle aged hostess.
Well when I heard that I had to stop. Stay vertical? What could they be talking about? I thought some extreme sport or some self help thing. I stayed to hear the author's response.
"Well you just can't have sex if you're vertical"
Those were his exact words.
I fucking (pardon the pun) I just can believe this! Once again I am mad at the world!!!
It was a Christian talk show. It was an interview with some author about abstaining until marriage.
Okay-- is it that bad in the "Christian" world (of which I consider myself) that we now have to sugar coat the truth? Or try to make things into a joke or funny?
Hello!!! Um you can have sex any number of ways, including standing up. Stay vertical may be a good piece of advice or it may not be. It just struck me very wrong! (can you hear me screaming?)
I just can't believe the junk we are feeding our kids. Why can't people be honest about things with their children? I don't have all the answers but I don't want my kids to be misinformed and repressed. I want them to know the truth!!!
The world is a big wonderful place!!! Let's enjoy it!!! Like by having sex standing up if that is what your ready for! Okay, I digress ... sorry....
Now I know why I don't let my kids watch television. It's not about what they see being to advanced or too sexual or too violent-- it's about fact and fiction. You can be given misinformation in a matter of seconds. Unreal.
Well now that you let me rant-- why not comment with the misinformation about sex that you believed?
Like you can't get pregnant the first time, or don't swallow the watermelon seed ... or your belly will blow up and you'll have a baby -- that one really scared me~
22 comments:
Apparently neither of those people have ever had sex in the shower. :)) I think I know the show you are referring to.. 700 Club this morning?
Peace,
Thailand Gal
~*~*~*
You asked for misinformation about sex? I must tell you how I learned about it:
I heard from a little neighborhood friend:
LNF: "You know what dogs do?"
TG : "Yeah. I think so."
LNF: "People do it, too."
I was five or six.
:)
TG
Simple solution: Don't watch the 700 Club (if that's what you were watching). Maybe, just maybe, they don't know that you don't need to be horizontal to have sex?
BTW, our mutual friend says to get your butt out to California where you belong!
Thai- I love it!! classic!
Lucia- I but they dont know!!! Yep, no more day time TV for me!Feel free to pass this location to our mutual friend, if you havent alread.
Well, let's see... If those people are having problems with different positions (not that there wouldn't be enough of 'em).. Let's talk with 'em about all those wonderful places (other than a bed of course)... Like an elevator, the car, a bathroom.. Shall i stop?????????
Ok, ok... Before everybody thinks I'm totally nuts I'll stop...
(So that you know: I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!!)
You don't let your kids watch TV because of the misinformation on it?
By that rule, you also wouldn't allow them on the internet, where the misinformation is magnified, I don't know, a million times! ;)
Dan, I dont! And let's not forget the public school system
Dan... no sex story??? darn :(
Biggest lie about sex I ever heard? That it has to be between a man and a woman. Sorry, I had to go there.
The Cousin Itt costume rocks.
Blessings
OK, when I was a kid, first learning about sex (way too early for my own good), I thought that the guy just put his "thing" in her "thing" and kept it there for a while and then you were done.
Some time later (I was still way too young) I saw my first porn film and was flabbergasted as to why the guy kept putting it in, then taking it out, over and over.
Can't this guy make up his mind, I thought?
Lilfeather- thank for stopping by, bad girls need all the blessings they can get!
JP—Julien gave you a thumbs up on that one as do I
Dan… now that’s better! How old was too young? 6? 8? 35?
Hey there! This post made me laugh. My first sex-misinformation was on the playground when I was 7 years old. My best friend told me men have to wear a condom when they have sex. I asked where they put it and she said, "They pin it to their pants." I was like, "Literally?" (Yes, at 7.) Yep. She meant literally.
But safe sex, people! Give us a break! :-)
The biggest myth about sex?...When my big sister told me she and her boyfriend were just trying to "Find the Hamster"..
Im still scared by the watermelon seed... *ewww*
Well I don't know what else to say except that I can attest that being verticle will not stop you if your motivated...
I got my education from watching the chooks in our backyard...but those eggs were a worry...glad we don't have to lay eggs to have young 'uns
I've actually never even had vertical sex...
Yes...weep for me. ;)
Steve~
You won't have sex if you just stay vertical eh? :) Thats pretty funny.
I totally see your point. We have a 15 year old, 4 year old and 1 year old... We know that it is important to give our children correct information - and your example is a great reason why we have to.
*LOL* I try to stay far away from the 700 Club.
tv blows anyways
im christian as well i find that absurd... yet humorous
misinformation is a big problem when it comes to little kids. you dont want them to get the wrong idea about things because when it comes down do it who do the kids listen to more? adults? or the tv?
its hard to totally protect today's youth from misinformation especailly since there is so much of it out there.
Steve--- awwww
CJ then you know where I am coming from. I want them to know the truth as I see it ;-) And for the record I wasnt watching the 700 club, I just turned on the tube and this line was said and I was sucked in.
Nate- ya, tv sucks and ya they listen to anything but me pretty much right now- I hope that will change if I just keep being honest with them
Fantastic photo. You really look the part!
Post a Comment