Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Why I have a hard time in this town


It is sad, sitting on a school bus with the parents. Parents can be soooo lame. I mean kids are kids right? What do they expect? It's a singing group. The last four hours were spent in stupid costumes singing to a bunch of drunks around Christmas trees. Don't ya think the bus ride home is time for a few laughs?

Ya, some of the lyrics are not "innocent"
Ohhh the song said God Damn.
Oooohhh the song said whore...

Now this may be okay for a teenager to write, but is it okay for me to feel this way? Why did I have to sit with the parents? Why? I would have much rather have been singing Bohemian Rhapsody! They asked-- how does it start... I yell, but not as loud as i should have.. "Is this the real life!!" If you want I also know all the words to Fat Bottom Girls!

I really don't want to be one of them. Umm, one of the old parents. I really want to be me. Ya, I guess it's cool that I have the respect of the other parents... but would I still have that respect if they knew that I knew the words to every song those kids sang... and because liked the songs!!!

Well, I am going out dancing with the exchange student and his friend tomorrow night. I hope that helps. I am too young to be old.

Okay, now I know I can't sing, but at this time of night who cares. It's kind of like when adults have had too much to drink and sing anyway. Except when you're young you don't need an excuse, or to be drunk, you can just sing when you want to.

So -- what does that make me? I break out into song, and if I can contoll myself.. it doenst mean that I want to!

12 comments:

Allan said...

Using 'Fat Bottomed Girls' as a keyword is a traffic magnet!

Allan said...

thanks for the email!

Steven said...

What the hell is Fat Bottomed Girsl?

ACT YOUR AGE!! ;)

Steve~

Fuff said...

LOL! Go for it!

Citymouse said...

Gloomy, thanks for the visit!

Steve-- what's my age again? and you are younger then I am if you dont know fat bottomed girls by queen. geesss.. grow up~

Fuff, what should be interesting is the outfit for this evening!

Anonymous said...

"I am too young to be old" <<< thats really poetic :P

And i promise u'll have fun tonight =)

Grish said...

Lol @ Steve

Anonymous said...

Classic Queen rocks! They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Happy T-day.

Allan said...

Parents are lame. I wish mine weren't throwing me out. Again.
You seem pretty cool for an old person though.

Allan said...

remember the LP sleeve with the chicks on bikes? That was cool.

How ya doin'?

Lorraine said...

I thought knowing all the lyrics to classic Queen songs was a prerequisite for parenthood.

Spoke said...

My 12 year old daughter Meadow knows the lyrics to a few Queen songs. She may even say its her fav. band. Up there with Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Soul Junk,Black Sabbath and others that we, her parents, enjoy too. Which is good, because I can't handle that CCM shite her friends listen to. That stuff makes baby Jesus cry!
Never act your age! Hang around your kid's friends too, share your knowledge, let them know your regrets...maybe you'll save them a lump or two. As far as the "old parents", yup, here too. While we climb trees in town and go sledding and lurking in the dark, they sit in front of tv's and grow older and even more boring, if that were possible.
Play tag with your kids on Main St. It's worth the looks alone!
A 43 year old should act better...NOT.