Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Wow! That could be you! That could be me!



Okay, being a good Christian girl-- maybe I shouldn't be saying this, but I think I need to change my little mantra. WWJD (what would Jesus do?) is one of those things I try to live by.

I may need to change that.

We just went to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago and saw their new exhibit DaVinci. Did I say WOW yet? I need to start asking myself WWDD -- what would DaVinci do? I knew what DaVinci did, but to see it all together in front of you--inspiration is a natural side effect.

After seeing the exhibit I am awe struck! I am motivated! I think I need to stop trying to fit in so much. I need to find that engineer and artist that inside of me when I was 12 years old.

I have always dreamed big dreams. I have not often acted on them.

I need to ask myself what would DaVinci do? How would he move ahead. I need to jot it down, follow through, and reevaluate again and again. It looks like I'm not going to be sleeping for a few weeks!!

I also need to let my kids dream. I am -- we as a society are -- so worried about making sure they get good grades, don't get into trouble, have good activities to be involved with after school.

Well to heck with (most) of that. My kids need to imagine and dream and then work on those dreams. They need to plan and then dream some more! They need to write everything down, or record it, or blog it! My kids, your kids, our kids, all kids have this potential that is being squashed on a daily basis by all of us know-it-all adults!!

So today, I'm going to start!

Hey kids....
Let's get some chalk and a video camera and go outside and have some fun!

1 comment:

Sling said...

I don't know...Sounds downright heretical to me by cracky!..Where would we be if everyone just threw caution to the wind and went about the dangerous business of exploring their imaginations?..Why,..it would be ..it would be...Well,I don't know what it would be,but you can bet your bottom dollar no good will come of it!..(sigh)..Anyway,..good luck,and try not to fall off the end of the Earth..