Saturday, July 29, 2006

So it is official! Julian will arrive on August 10th from Switzerland. Okay he actually arrives some time before then but that is when I pick him up.



This is our first exchange student. I have an orientation meeting tomorrow. We have sent each other an email with just some stuff about the classes he would like to take.

I am so exited by this. I think this is going to be an interesting- great- special year.

It's funny, about a year ago my husband and I talked about this. As a matter of fact, this is one of the reasons I joined the local rotary. I heard they participated in exchange programs.

Anywho, my husband and I agreed our daughter needed to be in at least 5th grade. So it was very funny when we got the call. I have never mentioned it to anyone in the school district.

I just think it's so wonderful how things work out. I attribute it to a loving God who is listening, even when I don't know I'm praying. It's cool.

So I'm using my artistic ability this week to make a screen/ room divider out of some old doors. Maybe I'll take a picture when I'm done.

I've been told I'm crazy for doing this. But we always have room at our table for one more. And yah, I knew I was crazy, what about it?

2 comments:

Sling said...

"I attribute it to a loving God who is listening,even though I don't know I'm praying"..Very well said CM.
Don't ya love it when a plan comes together?

Citymouse said...

B-
Julian will just have us. I've talked to several familes who said the whole is year usually better for everyone-- as long as the host family and the exchange student get along. I'll keep you up to date!


Sling-- thank you -- sometimes I dont even know what I blog.. but you write it back to me - I blush. Life is grand.