
I just watched "Good Night and Good Luck"
Am I missing something??? You see I was born in the late 1960's. I wasn't around during the McCarthy era. I just know what I read. After seeing this movie all I can ask is..
What the hell is wrong with the people who are 65+ years of age??? Why aren't they flaming mad about what is going on with bush?
Okay, I know our country was attacked on 9/11 so that makes things a bit different, but not so different that someone silly and uneducated like me can not see the same thing happening over and over again.
I thought that grown ups thought us to learn from our mistakes? Why haven't we? Why is the population allowing the same mistakes to be made over and over again?
The holocaust then
Rwanda now
McCarthy then
bush now
Is it just me? Am I going mad? Or maybe I am missing something.
No one wants to talk about this or argue about it. Are they right? Or are they afraid?
Along this line of thinking-- I wrote a letter to our city council-- disagreeing with recommendations on enlisting a tax on natural gas. Do you realize in a town of 9000 no one else was there at the meeting! No one else wrote a letter! Gees--- apathy? No, I think it is fear!
I was quoted in the paper as going against the city... Not good for business.
"The fault dear Brutis is not in our stars but in ourselves."
2 comments:
I know. It makes you crazy if you try to understand and it makes you crazy if you don't.
I think what infuriates me the most is that The people in power put their incredible crap forward as if NO ONE has any sense of history.
Post a Comment