Yes it is election day here in America, but I have a different election to tell you about. You see, I know you have all made up your minds already. You know who you are voting for by now --- heck you may have already voted! As for me and my family, we don't have tickets but we are going downtown. My kids need to be there. They need to be a part of history. I don't think i could live with myself if I didn't go there. You know my kids would be in there 30s and 40s and say things like "yea..we could have seen history but my mom thought school was more important"
Ok.. now my Swiss Son, Julien, is on Music Star. It is the equivalent of American Idol. You guys who have followed my blog for a while may remember how talented the Swiss kid is. And you may remember how his parents didn't thing this whole music thing was such a good idea. You may even remember that I said phooey--- you should do what your heart and soul tells you to do. So, he did. He made it to the first round of Swiss Idol.
So I need you to vote, and I need you to tell your friends to vote! You guys know I don't do this often--- but this kid is awesome and he deserves a chance and we can help him to live his dream (and then maybe he'll send his American mom some cash and I wont have to work for a living anymore!) So here is the information. If you vote for him let me know. If you link this or write you own American / Swiss dream story, let me know that too. All help is appreciated GET OUT THE VOTE!!!!
So if you click on the link -- you can see his audition. Move to the map below and click on the pink dot and then his directions make sense.
hey! how's everything?
don't have much time.. got a 2 hour test in math wednesday and haven't done much yet..
just wanted to tell you that you can vote for me here: http://musicstar.sf.tv/map/?vorname=julien&wohnort=
you have to click on the pink star thing next to where it says raron on the map and there will be a pop-up with a picture of me, there you will have to click on "ABSTIMMEN", then tipe in the letters or numbers in the picture into the box below and click on ABSTIMMEN again.. that would be it! it would be great if you could get a lot of people to do so, because i think you can vote from the u.s.
thanks a lot and i hope you guys are arlight!
love and miss you!
julien
5 comments:
I just voted for him!!
Hopefully when he wins he'll come back to this home so you can see him again!
I just voted twice -in two countries- on the same day. Good luck to us all.
"Du kannst deine Stimme noch 9 weiteren Kandidaten geben."
(I hope that means I voted)
I just voted, too! Pretty exciting. And to think, he's my Facebook friend. I'm so proud.
thank you so much mom! that is so sweet of you.. really moved me to see that on your blog! i really miss you and i hope you know that!
thanks to all of you who voted or will vote for me!
julien
PS: let it be time for a change! =)
Of course, I voted for him. And, Julien, if you'd ever read this: come over and let the "Proud Mary" roll in Berlin!
Post a Comment