Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Well, it's been two weeks and I'm still in training for my half marathon.

You're not surprised?

Well I am. To be honest I didn't think I could do it. This past Saturday I ran 5 miles. And it was only like 20degrees outside. The week before I ran 3 miles in 5 degree temperature

Now.. I am a run/walker I run for 3 minutes and walk for 2. They ...the trainers... tell us.... us the 4 woman who are doing the run/walk... that we will be able to finish a half marathon this way. That's all it's about, finishing. I've had running a marathon on my "to do" list since I was about 25years old. It's about time.

--------------------------------------------------

About the real estate market

I went though our local news paper today. There were 4 full pages of forecloses in our county. 3 of those listings were in my community. 2 of those I have 1st hand knowledge of they buyers who are being foreclosed on.

Sometime, people don't qualify-- they tell you they want to spend so much a month and you look at thing and advise them to save a bit more. HOWEVER... there was someone who made the loan, and there was someone who sold them the house and told them it was all good... and now these poor folks are loosing their homes. I am glad I wasn't involved. I can sleep well. I still feel bad for these folks... but i feel nothing but contempt for those who misled these folks for a buck.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My former brother-in-law from my first marriage found me on my space. I am really not that hard to find, but it still freaked me out a bit. We sent messages back and forth and I had to ask...how is my first husband...

My former brother-in-law tells me he hasn't changed at all, and send me to his bands web sit. My first husband has gained a ton of weight (I will no longer complain about my current husbands weight) and he was passed out drunk in the picture and looks like he peed himself. So, I guess it wasn't me! It was him! And yes, other than the weight, he really hasn't changed all that much.

Sometimes.. there is a rhyme and a reason for stuff...

Oh, JP, I did have that talk with my son.... another think I can check off my list!

4 comments:

Sling said...

I love checking things off my life list.
It makes room for adding more things,and that's living!.
For what it's worth,I have no doubt the housing market will seek it's proper level,and things will take a turn for the better realatively soon.

Citymouse said...

I still have learning to play the guitar on their sling, but that is hard to do while i am running! With realestate, at least I got that "job" that pays the bills. There is something to be said for having a paycheck every week.

TK Kerouac said...

I'll have to figure out how to use facebook
congrats on the martoning, you go girl
I did my first 10K a few years back
would like to get into it again.

Middle Child said...

see.... life has a plan for us... and most of the turns we make wisely are the right ones...see