The new job is good.... but it is a job. I am gone all day, and have little time to be creative during my training. The system they use has been patched 9 ways to Sunday to keep up with an exploding business, so there are 101 quirks I must learn. It is strange working for such a large company. Over 1000 employees at this location alone.
We had 14 inches of snow here. I drove to work and back home. I made it. I know I will have no problem getting to work now. That is a relief for me.
The other relief is this job doesn’t follow me home. I leave, go home, and the work is still there. No one will call me at 10PM to look for an answer. Am I going to like that? I really like the ownership aspect of Real Estate-- but the bullshit aspect I can do without. No one ever calls their attorney at home at 8PM. Just their real estate agent. Oh, I'm not giving up my RE license, there is no work, so I'm just putting it up on a shelf during this training to see what happens.
Once I learn the system, and get use to my schedule, I should be back to blogging and hopefully some creative posts.
I do have to admit, the family has really stepped up. I know it has only been 5 days, but I haven’t cooked a meal, or done any dishes! This working for a living might not be so bad after all!
OK... my juke box pick.... At 11 years old, this was the first band I saw in concert. I so loved Tommy Shaw and his guitar! I hated REO Chuck wagon!
">
7 comments:
Glad the job is going well.
I do like Styx, can pass on the REO.
sweet about the job. i really hope the snow stops soon. it is driving me CRAZY!!!!!!!! did i tell you one of the partners at my company was one the first managers for styx? hilarious.
Nice that you don't have to bring your work home with you,and kudos to the family for pitchin' in sp well!
Sounds good the job and arrangements... being Australian have never come accros this band but I liked the sound...a really strong rythmn
I'm back after a brief bout of the sickness...
Glad everything is going so well!
Nice to hear you are settling easily into your new job and that you can leave it behind you at home!
i love that term reo chuckwagon.
styx. they are great. never liked them back in the day, but have come to appreciate them.
Post a Comment