
If I look at all of this logically, I can see why there has been so much stress in our home. Why everyone is on edge.
We don't want to talk about it.
We don't want to talk about it.
At least I don't
And he won't
And my husband can't
And the kids refuse
I don't want to talk about all this ending
I don't want to think about him graduating
About him being gone all day with his friends because their time is so short
They are all moving on
I don't want think about him having to say good bye to them-- it is so hard
Or about me having to say good bye
In the school they had a Slide Show
so many picture
so many memories
-- I cried,
he cried (almost),
It is so hard for all of us and I don't have the words to say to him. I have always been so strong, so positive, and right now I feel a bit sorry for myself and a bit sad.
I know there are still 2 months left, but it goes so fast.
And like I said,
he needs to be with his friends--- now is his time. and i have to let go... and I don't know if I'm ready, if I can.
Go ahead be logical,
I know he will always be a part of our family
I know we will always be friends
I know, someday he will be back
Someday I will go to visit him
But for now, I need your help---
I need to cry--
I need every good bye song you guys can think of !!!
YOU hear me????
EVERY GOOD BYE SONG!!!!!
I want to make a play list, get a bottle of wine and have my time---
I started the day with For Good from the Wicked Soundtrack
And then Thomas Dolby "I Love You, Good Bye" If i could find a video for that one!!!!
But I didn't so I cant put it up-- sorry guys.
"Some words are sad to say, some leave me tounge tied, but the hardest words I know are I love you, good bye"
Any help would be great, you can post here or email me--
Okay sniff sniff
more coffee
graduation is Sunday
I can make it 'til then
sniff sniff
13 comments:
Aw, my heart just broke right along with yours. I hope the 2 of you will find a way to stay in each others lives for years and years to come.
I'm looking for songs...
Classic- Beatles "you say good-bye and I say Hello" probobly won't know or care for it, but its my offer.
Awwwww. I daren't mention a song in case it makes you wail when you play it :D
I'm sure he'll be back, you have had such wonderful times.
*500 miles:Peter,Paul,and Mary
*Goodbye again:John Denver
*Fire and rain:James Taylor
*Castles in the air:Don Mclean..I could go on..
The best sad song(s) that really cut it, is the soundtrack to the movie Somewhere In Time. It always worked for me.
Enjoy the weekend!
I'm keeping this post in mind as I put my playlist together.
Don't you forget about me - Simple Minds
The Last Goodbye - Jeff Buckley
In my life - The Beatles
Cryin - Aerosmith
Long Hot Summer - Style Council
My hope of course for you is that you do find that way to keep each of you together in your lives.
"10,000 Miles" - Mary Chapin Carpenter (and if you really wanna cry, watch "Fly Away Home".
"I Will Always Love You" - Dolly Parton (or the version Lorelie Gilmore sang)
"You'll be in My Heart" - Phil Collins (which I put on my blog for you).
"Goodbye to You" - Scandal
"Don't Give Up" - Peter Gabriel/Kate Bush
"Leaving on a Jet Plane" - Peter, Paul & Mary
"Teach Your Children Well" - CSNY (not so much a goodbye song as a letting go song)
"Going Down to Liverpool" - Bangles (OK, not at all a goodbye song but when you're done crying it will be a nice pick-me-up. You'll need that, too).
I think you've hit upon a wonderful coping strategy. Smooches.
Here from Lorraine....my daughter is visiting and leaves tomorrow...I'll just cry along with you if that's OK....
Beautiful Boy.....John Lennon...might be the wrong title but those are the words that will start the tears.
Nanci Griffith:
I can't be your weather
If it rains then it rains
I can't be your lover
Cuz the feelings would change
I can't be the wind
Cuz the wind blows too free
But if you want a true companion
Don't forget about me
Don't forget about me
When your heart's in the shade
When there's no one to hold you
And you've fallen from grace
When the spotlights come blind you
And you can no longer see
I'll be right there beside you
Don't forget about me
Friends never leave you
They're a two way street
They'll always believe in you
When you've ceased to believe
And I'll still be the same
If you're a friend in need
Cuz, I'll always love you
Don't forget about me
Don't forget about me
When your heart's in the shade
When there's no one to hold you
And you've fallen from grace
When the spotlights come blind you
And you can no longer see
I'll be right there beside you
Don't forget about me
The way you wear your hat
The way you sip your tea
The memory of all that
No, no ... they can't take that away from me
The way your smile just beams
The way you sing off-key
The way you haunt my dreams
No, no ... they can't take that away from me
We may never, never meet again
On that bumpy road to love
But I'll always, always keep
The mem'ry of ...
The way you hold your knife
The way we danced 'til three
The way you've changed my life
No, no ...
They can't take that away from me, no ...
They can't take that away from me ...
Ahhh mouse... I know EXACTLY how you feel. Check out my post the week our son went off to college: How do you let go? Now, he's just finished his junior year, he's home for the sumemr after a semester in France, and we're closer than ever. But that first week - that first year... ouch! I hope you had your good cry after graduation. Will he be going far in the fall? Arrgghhh! It is so hard to say goodbye.
Post a Comment