This blog contains personal, professional and political observations of mature city girl who has mooved to a small town- a town less than suburbia. It may also personal reflections on religion, sex, raising children, relationships and the state of the world as I see it. Oh, spelling doesn’t count!
Thursday, December 21, 2006
A few days before Christmas And I just do not know How we will make it Without any snow
Instead it is raining Here near Chicago And it's muddy and damp As we shop to and fro
I recently began receiving the daily writings of a shaman friend. She is one of the majority of North Country folks who are still stuck with dial-up, so email works better than blogging for her. I would like to share today's foursome with you:
No snow this season sky unfolds pink and mauve flag crow caws warning
and (as we are greeted by a pink sunrise)
hot pink eye opening no need for doctor morning greeting
and
Dawn arriving earlier days are getting longer now darkness breaks camp
and
In a time yet to come...we will have peace. Can you imagine what it will take for that to happen? May we all find a way to imagine it.
6 comments:
Yeah, nobody much sings "I'm dreaming of a soggy Christmas."
Didn't you save some of the snow you got a week or so ago?
No? Now what kind of planning do you call that? ;)
I'm sure the folks in Denver would love to share some of theirs.
Have a Merry Christmas!
Nice poem - captures the mood well!
I recently began receiving the daily writings of a shaman friend. She is one of the majority of North Country folks who are still stuck with dial-up, so email works better than blogging for her. I would like to share today's foursome with you:
No snow this season
sky unfolds pink and mauve flag
crow caws warning
and (as we are greeted by a pink sunrise)
hot pink eye opening
no need for doctor
morning greeting
and
Dawn arriving earlier
days are getting longer now
darkness breaks camp
and
In a time yet to come...we will have peace.
Can you imagine
what it will take
for that to happen?
May we all find a way
to imagine it.
Merry Christmas!
I'll see you after the holiday.
Honestly, I was such a git whilst shopping today for Christmas. Snow would have made it so much nicer; if you find any please send some :)
Post a Comment