Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You never think it will be your kid or your family.

We sat the the meeting, my son and I, while paperwork shuffled around us.

What were his needs in the classroom? Full hearing loss, he needs to be seated at one side--- so his good ear is facing the class.

Elevator key.

But what about the brain injury. He looks good, everyone says so --- but that is the problem. You don't see his new disability. It takes him just a little longer to do everything.

I am looking on the Internet for information and praying --- although they seem a bit empty because of sadness. I know how luck we are but I still question --- which leads to good old fashioned guilt that was I raised with.

Sometimes when I drive, or in the middle of the night i just burst into tears.

He is doing so well, but we will see what school brings. I just know he is happy to have the elevator key.

No comments: