"Town High School, how can I help you?"
"Hey Suzie Secretary, I noticed you called"
"Mouse, you need to get to the school right away, your son is hurt"
"Well NOW what?" I responded with discontent.
"Where are you Mouse, are you in town?"
"No, I'm at work. I'm 40 minutes away."
There was a long pause. I heard her inhale deeply. She held her breath. I thought she would suffocate she held it so long.
"Let me get someone" she exhaled.
"No, Susie, tell me what's going on. I mean is he hurt or is he like hospital hurt?"
"Mouse, the ambulance is here now.
This time I held my breath.
Wait, her is the Superintendent. He'll tell you."
"Mouse, it is Superintendent Bob, are you okay?"
"You tell me-- Am I okay?"
"Your son's been hurt. They are taking him to the community hospital, you need to get here right away"
"I'm on my way."
3 comments:
Holy crap Mouse!!..You can't just leave us hanging...Just let us know that things are going to be okay..K?
What's going on?? Is he okay????
At once! Let us stop the hunger in the world!
Join us in this cause!
Thank you very much
Post a Comment