Saturday, January 05, 2008

Pretend I posted this on the 7th




Khristos rodyvsya!

Slavite Yoho!


Pavlo: People do not think much when they think about Ukraine, but there is a whole depth and culture and folklore to these people.
This quote comes from the movie Zvenigora

Hector: "Look, I almost gave up on you. I started working with that Ukrainian skater, you know the one that looks like Elvis? And I moved to the Ukraine and it was cold and everyone had guns and smelled like soup." Blades of Glory


Kate: Oh my god.
Doug: What, my hand?
Kate: Well what do you do, soak them in battery acid?
Doug: Oh, I know they're a little rough, but you know, I've never had any complaints before.
Kate: Oh, I'm terribly impressed. What is this? The final stages of Ukrainian Alcoholic Psychosis? The cutting edge

Skinny Pete: If there's one thing I know, it's never to mess with mother nature, mother in-laws and, mother freaking Ukrainians. The Italian Job

Now, on top of all that, thanks to Gina, I am researching my Itilian heratiage to see if the kids and I qualify for citizenship.

4 comments:

le p'tit chef said...

citizenship? in italy?? cool =P
hey, so you saw that movie? italian job? i thought of you exactly when i heard that quote.. i was laughing my ass off =D

Anonymous said...

Thank you for remembering the day.
MOM

Citymouse said...

Julien-- I'm working on it! I thought you would like that quote!

Mom, this was really for you and Uncle Jim. I went to the museum to see the tree. It looks like crap comparied to when i was a kid. And some one complimented me on my Ukranin accent! Funny hu? Love you!

Middle Child said...

Whats Italian for City Mouse?