Monday, November 26, 2007

You may receive a Holiday card from me.
You, if you are a Christian, may receive a Christmas card from me.
You, if you are a business associate, may receive a Happy New Year card from me.

But, under no circumstances will you receive a letter that tells you of my trails, tribulations, and victories over the past year.

You will not receive a letter that tells you how great my kids are.

You will not receive a letter to catch you up with the past year.

No letter to tell about my dental work, or my husband's back ache or any other medical procedures we may have had.

No letter about how great or lousy we are. Not from me. Not from our house.

Nope. I don't do those letters.

If you want to know how I am, you read my blog. If you want to know what is going on, you call.

Now, if you want to send a letter like that, go ahead. However, I sure would appreciate it if you wrote a tiny personal note on the bottom. Something so i know I am on more than your computer mailing list.

Thank you, have a nice day.

6 comments:

TK Kerouac said...

Oh, I so hear ya
One of my girlfriends wrote me one of those every year so I would read it out loud to the family and we would die laughing with our own inserts...
Why do people do this?

Traveling Matt said...

you know what else I could do w/o? those damn holdiay text messages that you send simultaneously to everyone in your phone.

Anonymous said...

Amen to what Monica just said - those damn things woke me up all morning on Thursday. Wait until noon, people!

I don't send out those letters because it would say the same thing every year: "This year I drank a lot. And I smoked. That's all. Love, Me."

Lucia said...

Hallelujah for another woman who gets how senseless these damn letters are!

Fuff said...

Round Robin (as we call them here) letters/emails are such a load of rubbish.
I discard them as soon as I have read them and vow to strike them orf any contact list I have.
We are so alike CM.

Middle Child said...

Right on