Monday, November 19, 2007

I sent out about 10 resumes, nothing yet.

I have to paint that flipping wall red-- TODAY!

I have to get this house ready for Thursday, fun fun fun.

I went out with my girlfriend for her birthday on Saturday. She wanted to go down town, but settled for a club in the NW burbs that was closer. I was told by a friend of my it would be a young crowd, but I had no way of knowing what I was about to walk into.

I was in a COUGAR CLUB. MILFS and 20something guys!!!

Now, if you would have told me I was going to something like that I usually would have said cool, I could handle that, I thought that something like that could be fun.

It wasn't.

It was annoying having a random 20-something stupid men come up an hump your leg on the dance floor. No more suburban clubs for me. I will stick to the city, where I am left alone on the dance floor!

Hint to all you 20 something guys. EYE- FUCKING- CONTACT! You don't just come up behind a woman and start rubbing against her butt--- we women stick together. We have arranged for our girlfriends to be dick blockers--- and we wont be nice about it!

Other than that life ain't so bad. My friend met me at Church. It was her first time there. It was kind of cool, because even though she doesn't know our church family, they know her. She had ended up in a wheel chair after severing in overseas for about a year. She has two young kids and a husband and she was in bad shape -- so my family and I did what we could, and we prayed.

I know a good number of you who read my blog don't believe in God. I think a good number of you don't even believe in any type of higher power or greater good. That's cool by me. But, I got to tell you, seeing some one go from wheel chair to walking is a very cool thing.

I believe that when believers pray, it works.
I believe that when non believers pray, it still works.

I just think there is a collective energy out there. And what every you want to call it or how ever you understand it really isn't the point.

The point is this...
you got to care
you got to hope
and you got to believe things will get better.
And then,
when they do,
you can't take the credit---
but you need to be humbled
and give thanks.

So it is with my friend who came to church, so it is with all the bloggers who I pray for-- you know who you are! And also, so it is with my job search. My dad sent me a prayer-- and some cash-- this weekend.

Very cool.

And for those of you who do believe, keep me in your prayers please, light a candle for me, send a good thought my way. I truly believe it will help.

Oh-- and pray for peace.

15 comments:

Lorraine said...

I just lit a candle for you, Mouse. For real. You're in my prayers.

Judy said...

Life - here or everlasting - we're all in it together. Do what "works" for you, do no harm, believe what you will. Pray if it seems right. (As you know, I covered some of this topic last week on my blog).

Good luck with the job search. Yes, I'm sending good thoughts your way.

As for world peace, even I pray for that.

I’ve been working more and more on the development of my “professional” photography business, trying to learn the technical stuff I should know, developing a line of postcards and greeting cards, and trying to get organized. As a result, blogging has been on the back burner.

I think of you (all you blogging buddies), now and then sneak a quick look at your blog and what’s happening in your life, but for the most part I haven’t been doing a lot of reading or commenting. It’s probably time for me to take a break and come back when I can spend reasonable time visiting as well as writing.

Thank you for sharing glimpses of your life with me, have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, and I hope to “see you” soon!

Wiz’d Wiz’d

Allan said...

Best luck with the job search...an income is the new Holy Grail, it seems.
Prayer+ MILF? Scorpio fer shure!

Traveling Matt said...

i don't pray but i do think good thoughts in the direction of good people...like yourself.

Also COUGAR CLUBS!!!!!! MILFS!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of Cougar clubs, but sounds kind of fun.

Sending good thoughts your way, as always.

Anonymous said...

I do accept a higher power and I feel that you understand my point of view.
Cool about your dad. Good to see, him having contact with you.

Pat said...

You are, always, in my prayers CM! Haven't let on to you about that - but 'tis true nonetheless! I don't light candles, but I do send intense energy and light to you (in addition to the prayers) that a job just perfect for you will land right in your lap real soon. In the meantime - Happy Thanksgiving, dear!

Sling said...

I don't really pray.I guess.In the traditional sense.
While I consider myself a Christian,I usually skip over Jesus and talk straight to God..Presumptuous?..Maybe..But He always talks back..
Sometimes,He tells me to stand in line.
Sometimes,He gives me that "Dad" look,..and I know it's time to shut up.
Always!,..when I ask Him to help someone else,He takes time out of His busy day to do so.
You are in my prayers young Mouse.

Anonymous said...

Here's where I lost it:

"We have arranged for our girlfriends to be dick blockers--- and we wont be nice about it!
Other than that life ain't so bad. My friend met me at Church"

Now. What part of that seems odd to you?
HAHHAH

Citymouse said...

Lorraine-- thank you. Even though I am a recoving catholic, i say a prayer to St. Joe every tuesday about this. It is what my grandma use to do for me.

Wiz-- blog when you feel you can, and thank for lurking! and thanks for the good thougths, and the world pease thing too.


Allen-- good luck to you too.

Monica -- thank you, and ya... pretty funny hu? To think it has come to this!

JP, ya know, it would have been fun if they werent like puppy dogs humping your leg as soon as you got on the dance floor. -- if they were cute, that may have helped too. LOL

mom- it seems the way we communitcate best, long distance!

curious, thank you-- happy thankgiving to you too.

Sniff Snifff.. ok, its getting mushy

Sling, thank you ever so much. It always seem to work that way for me too.

Hat, hmmm and that seem odd to you? blocking dick seems a very church like thing to do! LOL

T ;) said...

First... good luck with job search! Just did it recently... not fun.. may be doing it again soon :(

Second... LOL! On the club experience... you sure you weren't in a NYC club Saturday night with me after the show I went to see let out? Had the exact same experience... some 'kids' came up... ATTEMPTING to rub up on me; I almost slapped one! It's sad if this is what our young ladies are accepting of their young men these days. And as for the whole MILF thing... I've heard women say they are flattered being considered a MILF... I just don't get it... at all! I want to be known as a MILR (Mother I'd like to Respect) or MILH (Mother I'd Like to Honor)... f*** MILF!

T ;) said...

Oh... and on the topic of prayers... I believe all LOVE sent out truly, deeply, and fully into the universe are forms of powerful prayer... I send my love... be well...

Anonymous said...

As the friend whose birthday it was, I thank you from the bottom of my soul for coming out! I LOVE YOU!!! I too, will be sticking to the city! It was a fun night with an exception of the "humping puppies!
I as well have put out about 30 resumes and have heard nothing! We are strong, patient women and something is out there for us!
I am not a religious person, however you are in my prayers everyday! GOOD THINGS COME TO GOOD PEOPLE!

I LOVE YOU MOUSE AND CHERISH OUR FRIENDSHIP!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXO

Middle Child said...

ha ha ha ha....
" we women stick together. We have arranged for our girlfriends to be dick blockers--- and we wont be nice about it!" still laughing...the best laugh for ages.

Men have no idea what we think and are rrrreally like... they'd never sleep if they did and if they were f* wits like those pudding boyos

Middle Child said...

Oh and yes CM I really do hope you get the right job for you and soon!