Friday, June 15, 2007

The healing power of the blog

If you haven't read the previous post, you may want to do that before you continue with this one--- I've got a story to share.

I post 4811 W. Walton for a reason. I was listening to the tone of voice my husband has had with the kids as of late. It is short and sharp, and it reminded me of the mud event. I could feel those same feelings as my husband shouted at my son. I didn't like it and I remembered why.

It is amazing how what we remember is only half a story-- my mom reads my blog and wrote me an email--- her voice and tone were based on the fact that she was scared, she thought i was hurt-- and as I mom I could so see that happening!

Then she reminded me of something I forgot--- I forgot it until she mentioned it. The story didn't end with johnny running away --- here is the real ending--- once mom mentioned it, i could see it clearly!!! I am so good at forgetting the good stuff.

Thanks mom for reminding me!

After Johnny pushed me in the mud, my rage grew. I was a demanding little shit, even at the age of 5 or 6. Get over here I shouted. You pushed me in now you have to help me out of here. Johnny must have felt some guilt. I sat in the mud and he leaned over and extend his hand. All at once, with all my strength, I pulled on his hand, grab his arm, and pulled him into the mud-- making sure I pushed my muddy hands on his pretty blond hair. It was then that I screamed, and he ran. . I so remember tricking him into helping me and then getting my revenge. Maybe my scream was more tribal. More of a victory scream.

So thanks to the fact that mom reads my blog, you now have the rest of the story, and so do I. My mom and I can write about what we remember and how we feel about what we remember. Prety cool

Um someone asked what happened to Johnny. If I had to guess I would say prison, or red neck TV.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad i help in your remembering about the incident. Boy, are you and still are you a force to deal with.

Lorraine said...

It is funny how we sometimes forget parts of the story. I think it's wonderful that you and your mom can talk about these things.

And interestingly, the whole story doesn't really change the moral of the story. You still got out of the mud yourself and managed to get some of your own back in the process.

I'm laughing at muddy Johnny the red-neck inmate.

SIMON said...

Yeah I agree with lorraine the moral of the story remains the same but the revenge is (muddy) sweet comes through quite strong too. It does all go towards the person you are now and there's not a lot wrong with that.
I said that your mum did good, well she's still doing good......as are you!

ginaemory said...

I wish my mom were still here to talk about childhood stories like that. Sometimes, when I'm wondering something about growing up, I think about asking my dad, but I know he won't have a clue. That's when I miss my mom the most. Sometimes, my siblings and I can reminisce, but I'm the oldest, and some stuff happened when they were too young to remember. I wish I had Mom around to help flesh out some of my fragmented memories of events, people, and situations. You're lucky.

And way to go on pulling the little pervert into the mud.

Pug Mom said...

I had something like that happen to me once - it was a boy I had a crush on, who threw a small rock at my head. Hitting my square between the eyes. As you may have noticed, he was a bit of an asshole. But his mother, seeing the entire thing, grabbed him by the ear and dragged him over to my parents. By the end of his mother's lecture, the boy had tears running down his eyes and was apologizing profusely to my parents and I. Good ol' mom.

Spoke said...

Little Johnny is now in Joliet doing time for being a goof. He claimed to be an expert mud wrestler but continues to lose every match he gets! He had a great start, dreams and all like that, but you crushed them....

Sling said...

I think I ran into Johnny in Delta County Jail.
He was in for stealing a bicycle..
There was a 10 year old boy on it at the time.
Cool that mom remembers your victory. :)

Br. Jonathan said...

I'll bet Johnny is writing his own blog (from prison) about this nasty girl that once pulled him into the mud let out a scream.

ginaemory said...

Don't hate me, Mouse...I tagged you. :)

robkroese said...

Sure, next week it's going to be a vat of acid instead of a mud puddle and Johnny will be like 9 feet tall. I'm not buying it.

Allan said...

I like the new ending. Nicely done.
I saw Johnny playing semi-pro softball for the Mudville Puddles. He struck out.

Traveling Matt said...

you ever wonder what happens to the johnny's of the neighborhood? check out your local sex offender registry... or the police force.

ps down w/ flip flops :)