Thursday, September 29, 2011

Prom court and cheerleaders

I just don't know what I did to deserve such incredible children.  My daughter is loving cheerleading, even though she does it just to spite me. My son, who has never played a sport but has played in band and on the stage since he could walk, is on the homecoming court.

I mean, what if he wins?  Could my son really be homecoming king? Yea, he really could.

Looking back, my teen years were fun, but they were so different.  I would never have had these opportunities. There wasn't the funding and there wasn't the family stability.

I hate to admit it, but I hope my daughter is chosen as cheer captain for the game, and I hope my son is crowned king... shhhhhh don't tell the old crowd from LTHS.  On second thought, go ahead... they wouldn't believe it was me anyway.

No comments: