For some reason, the school year seems to flow a little easier.
The kids already have a rhythm they have fallen into. Both are in zero period classes, meaning they need to be to school a little after 7AM. Good for them -- music in the morning is a beautiful thing. They take both jazz band and madrigals / jazz ensemble. It is good for me too. I have a chance to be by myself -- something that seems elusive sometimes. I can write, sing, dance chat-- whatever I choose to do for about an hour before I go to work.
Most mornings I do a bit of house work, but the best mornings are those when I write.
It doesn't really matter if is is a rant on facebook, a note here on my blog or a line or two in one of my many journals that lay around the house. I just feel more complete when I put my thoughts outside of my head. I gain clarity and peace.
I love my children and even my husband, but the times I spend in the morning with a cup of coffee and my thoughts are times that help me to be a better mom and wife. They help me to be me.
No comments:
Post a Comment