So at work I was recorded saying something that was perceived as negative to a co-worker.
Our new company policy is no extras, no frills and no expedited shipping.
Well, the items needed to be there by 12/1, and I approved expedited shipping. I tried to find someone to give me the okay, and no one was around. So I made the decision and spent the extra $30 to get it done.
When one of my co-workers asked about it, I mentioned I would probably get my hand slapped. I also said that I would rather ask for forgiveness than permission when it comes to the customer. And it was all caught on tape!
Yep -- that is a bad thing. You see people take offence to the fact that policies are set and rules are set and then we have to ask for permission to break them. The thing is that these "no" items are really "maybe" items to put the fear of god (little g) into workers so they always think anything they do could get them terminated. Now they have me on tape so I can get the shaft if they need to. I was talking to an "internal customer" and that is just as bad as being negative with an "external customer".
Ask me if I care! I really hope this helps the supervisors see the attitude of fear of negativity we have have in the office. I use to be the happiest person in the world. Now, I have learned to distrust and dislike. Thank you corporate America!
On a brighter note, I have deiced I can hate my office and my job and the people I work for and still love my customers. It is the only thing that will save me until I find something where I can be less bitter.
2 comments:
Well, I'm glad you can still like your customers...but oh my Lord!! That sounds like a miserable place to work. Iwanski worked in a place like that and finally had to quit. I'm not saying that's what you should do, but it was a huge relief to Iwanski when he finally did that. :)
P.S. It was a relief to me, too! :)
Post a Comment