Thursday, June 01, 2006

I want the best of both worlds!



So, this is what I struggle with.

This is it!

The beauty of my birthplace, the city vs the friendship and fun of my new, small, home town.

Were am I from? Can you love two?

When you know you dress like you belong to the city and you think big city thoughts-- but you never connected to people like you do here, in the small town. I wouldn't be caught dead having someone pour water on my head out of an utter-- and certainly not sober-- when I lived in Chicago. I didn't trust the way I do out here.

But when you trust you risk getting hurt.

Hurt, I hurt. I miss my city and yet I am learning to love my small town.

They have some things in common. The politics, the weird smells-although it is funny how cow urine seems to take over a 40 acre spread while human urine is concentrated in subway passages.

Thank you metra rail--- for getting me back and forth between the two worlds. It's only a 2 hour train ride, but it is a world away.

3 comments:

Allan said...

Hi, thanks for stoppin' by.
Toddlin' town...I miss it too. My Twin lives there.

Hey are you on the HLS- (I think it's 'DHS' on their server) list? I'm on the NSA, CIA, DIA,DEA, FCC and NASA lists- maybe we could trade...I'm also looking for some FBI and NFL.

The thing is, the Gov't uses so many contractors to conduct the surveillance that it's hard to tell when you're being scanned - I sometimes get hits from the Penntagon, the NSA and various .mil addresses, but I think it's just people surfing at work, not Big Brother.

No, on second thought , I'm pretty sure I'm in trouble...

We are all in trouble if our Alphabet Agencies can't come up with better strategy than typing 'Osama' into Google and feeling lucky.

barista brat said...

i'm confused!

was that part of a festival? or was it performance art?
is the cow really so sacred there?

Sling said...

I grew up in Southern California where you could cross the street and be in the next city..I prefer a small town where you can go 10 minutes in any direction and have miles of open space around you.