Thursday, May 18, 2006

Youthful follies


So, I was once told to marry someone who loves you more than you love them. I think I did. My husband adores me and sometimes I think I fall short in what I do for him.

But what about the one from your past. That one person who you loved so much you thought you'd go mad? I got the email yesterday. He turns 40 this weekend and the silly piece of hair that is 20 years old-- his giant mullet-- is being cut off.

Now, I would have thought I'd be crushed-- watching some girl he loves (a girl he must love just a little bit more than she loves him) cut off his tail-- but the good news is his mother will be cutting it off. I am so glad God didnt answer any of my prayers about him! Who wants their life to be like Meatloaf's Paridise by the Dashboard Lights anyway?

I'm not going to the party. Too far, too much work to do, star party out here that night, the bar is kind of lame and oh...I can't figure out a good way to tell my husband I'm going!

So if anyone does make it there, let him know

I'd send him a bottle,
if I though he'd offer to drink to me,
I'd send him a card
if I thought he would treasure it with the same sentiment it was sent,
I'd send him my love,
but I did that once long ago,
it was unreturned
so this time, 20 years later
some other man has it all!



And no, I'm not bitter-- I'm older, wiser, and much sweeter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn talk about your blast from the past.