Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Gifted Kids who don't want to be and Normal Kids who get straight As

So I have one of each- one gifted one average and it is interesting being a mom! My dad just told me "why do you think I drank?" Well, I guess I know why. You know my average one gets straight A's my gifted one, on the other hand gets B's and C's. Why?? I don't get it! Why does one work so hard when the other one just is defiant!

I keep looking online to see if I can do something better. The internet is a wonderful thing! Instant gratification-- well now that I have DSL that is how it feels. Anyway, I keep seeing -- it's normal, this is how those gifted ones act! Geess...Why didn't someone tell me this? And then I wonder is it because of the label he has been given? Is he gifted because we treat him that way? If he was not labeled gifted, what we would call him? Dumb? Lazy? ADHD? A class clown? It is kind of weird. I mean I know kids who are labeled those other things, does that mean that my child's scores are that much better so we have an excuse for his -- er, em, well let's just use the word behavior.

Today was a good day. Both kids, doing their best, not trying to kill eachother. Me? Well I didn't take Dad's route so I think it was a good day too.

I just have to remember in the long run, I have two wonderful kids-- no matter what grades they get. They are loving and compassionate. It is what is in your heart that matters. Gee... You think I should tell this to them? Hmmm what a concept!

No comments: