Saturday, September 17, 2005

What they didnt print in the 20 yr book

So two weeks ago I went to my 20 year class reunion. They do a what have you been up to booklet and didnt print my bio in it. I was pissed because I worked so hard at it! So now I have to subject the entire web world to my happenings-- I hope your happy Alumni Systems!

Greetings, fellow Laneites! As we would say in Mrs. Robeson’s Latin Class, "Tempus Fugit!"
Ten years ago I wrote to you about my wonderful life in ******* *******, a town with the same population as the graduating class of 1985! I still reside in this small northwestern community with my two children: Z*****, 11, and E****, 9. J** M*****, my husband, joined our family 7 years ago and together we live a life much different that my rambunctious adolescence. Many people find life in a small town unbecoming, but as Elphaba said “I, who have always been unbecoming, am becoming un." As a mature human being, I have become unwilling to sit by and watch injustice plague our society, even if it is in the low profile of my rural area. I often find myself unsatisfied with the status quo when it comes to the children of our community and uncompromising when it comes to helping those in need. Therefore, I volunteer through various worthwhile organizations and stay politically active in my community. In 2003, I was honored by the H********* Area Chamber of Commerce and the H****** Jaycees with the Distinguish Service Award for my efforts in volunteerism. I continue to serve on the board of various community groups. As for my professional life, I continue my successful real-estate career with R**** H***** . As for my days at Lane- they have helped to make me who I am today. I wish I could sit down with Mr. O’Malley from contemporary American history and thank him for his "Ministry of Truth". I will always appreciate how Mr. O'Neill, Mr. Waldman and Mr. Watkins helped me gain self-confidence. A "Butt of corpse" thanks to Kathy and Kathy for being such awesome friends through the years! Who would have thought we would come from heabanging at a Motorhead concert to head steering our lives through successful paths. I am glad we are where we are today, and look forward to celebrating my classmates' achievements!

No comments: