There is so much going on in my life, it is hard to keep my mind calm.
Looking back over this school year, as it comes to a close and puts a ton of demands on me and kids, I noticed I didn't blog as much about Mila as I did Julien.
It was a whole different experience. A different kid, and a different family. I had a different job (not having the flexibility in hours I once did), different financial circumstances. Not good, not bad, just differed.
Looking back I am trying to think of times we really bonded. But the truth is we just did. There wasn't a yellow table moment like there was with Julien. Mila is just kind of -- well it was almost as if her aura was always in our family. A little bit of each of us can be found in Mila.
Elizabeth and Zach were young when Julien was here --- but Mila is a peer. They do things together because they are the same age, and have the same interests and friends. I think it is going to be really hard on Beth when she leaves. And I believe Mila will miss having a brother.
I think the craziest thing with Mila is the connection we have with her parents. We have written them letters to let them know how things are. Many times, Mila will get off the phone and say I cant believe my mom/dad just said the exact same thing you said!
We have about a month left with Mila, and two of the weeks she will be gone vacationing. It is hard to let someone into your life and hard to let them go.
However, if my Swiss Son has taught me anything, it is that there is no "goodbye". It is just on to the next thing. We have a great deal of fun and laughter to squeeze into just a few week. We will do it and then -- it is on to the next thing.
1 comment:
That is so awesome...life is ever-changing and beautiful...enjoy your remaining time with Mila. :)
Post a Comment