Friday, December 05, 2008

Life and Death

I'm going to a funeral. My fiend's dad died--- she just lost her mom in June. This is death. It happens. It is sad.

Yesterday I told my husband that we were going that route. Time is slipping away and we are letting it. He worries about my safety--- I worry about making sure if I die, I had the best last day. Making sure I kissed the kids and him and not being so stressed about the house or money -- cause it all goes away.

So im going to live. Im going to a meet and greet with TMBG. I am taking my niece.

This was one of those bands back in the 90's that no one I knew enjoined. So I would go to their shows alone, and I lived. I mean I didnt get killed at the age of 22 in the city by myself with a bunch of weirdo people and drugs and stuff around me. And so today, I will continue to live.

My son is going to a play, by himself, on Sunday. His friends are in A Christmas Carole. He was in it last year-- but because of the accident not this year. So they asked him to be there-- and he will go alone, and he too will live and I will kiss him before he gets out of the car because life is too short not to live.

5 comments:

A Lewis said...

"Bands BACK in the 1990s"??? You make it sound like it was the dark ages...and so long ago! Amazing how fast time slips away. And death...oh yeah, death, who knows where it's at.

Sling said...

I expect you'll live long enough to hold your grandbabies,and tell them stories about what life was like way back in the 90's. :)

Miss Healthypants said...

Amen!! It's important to enjoy your life...as always, any day could be our last day...might as well enjoy it all!! :)

Middle Child said...

There is a strange thing I have noticed...
The day before my dad was killed in 1969, I was 15 and i remember thinking everything in our family was perfect...it was a conscious thought.
The day before my husband don hbroke his neck in 1982, The family had what I can only call "a golden day" and i recorded this amazing feeling of well being...

and on and on...
The last four months of Don's time before RNSh got hold of him were perfect. There was not one even tiny disagreement...it was like God or something was giving us this gift...

The last day before you die may be a perfect day without your planning... something has definately gone on in my life like this...

Lorraine said...

I am sooooo hearing you, sister friend.