The day after I wrote my post about George Carlin, a truly great influence in my life passed away.
My best friends' mom-- who moved out to cow town to be close to my kids -- who I have called mom for the past 17 years, who I spoke with every other day at least-- who was only 65 ---died suddenly
I cant write about it yet, not too much. Her daughter, my very good friend, is devastated. She is an only child and I am so worried about how she will do with out the woman who was her rock and shield.
Her daughter Jenny, knowing how close I was to her mom, was gracious enough to allow me to do a prayer service and a eulogy.
Wow- as I write this there is some anger. He husband had a Catholic service for her. She wasn't catholic. Would she have wanted that? I know, it was a comfort to her husband. -- okay okay I'll stop.
I am posting the eulogy-- for my mental health. I will be back on eventually-- but i have much emotion to sort out. Life is short and unfair. I know many of you know that already. I guess I forgot.
---------------------------------
There are those people in life who teach you how to live
They make you look at things differently
And make you ask yourself the tough questions
They are the constants. Your rock.
The Vonda’s of the world.
She knew how to live life to the fullest even in the face of adversity.
Vonda was never afraid of adventure. She truly believed the finer things in life were for now, for living—not something to be squandered away. Carpi De um! Vonda knew what it meant to seize the day.
She would light up the room. Make a crowd roar with laughter. Or draw you to a deep silence.
Mostly, Vonda taught, by example, how to love unconditionally. She was there for you—no matter what. She may tell you things you didn’t want to hear—but she always, always had your best interest at heart.
Don’t think to yourself that she is gone. Such love outlast time and space and last far beyond a mortal life. Some day, I hope I can be all she saw in me. I hope I live up to that potential.
I hope each and every one of you live up to the potential she saw in you.
And if you are ever unsure how to do that—remember the examples that she set for us. Examples how to laugh and live and especially how to love completely.
If we follow her God given example – she will live on in each and every one of us and live on for generations to come.
5 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry, Mouse! She sounds like a wonderful woman.
And your eulogy is absolutely beautiful.
65 is no age to die...just too young.
Still,her legacy of love and inspiration will span the next several generations,no doubt.
That was a lovely eulogy mouse.
Life is so sad at times. Please accept my sympathy CM and you know I mean it. I hate to think of anyone grieving - its a horrible thing we humans do because we take the chance and love each other - the eulogy is beautiful. Please take car okay.
First of all, Mouse, I'm very sorry for your loss. Vonda sounds like a wonderful woman and you were so right in your eulogy...that kind of love doesn't ever die.
((((Mouse))))
You still about CM? I hope so!
Post a Comment