Monday, October 03, 2005

Like minded women

It is so cook being almost 40 and finding like minded women in the world. I miss my old friends, more than they ever would know. I miss that we don't spend time together even though we live similar lives. I often wish I could jog (not that I jog) down the street and talk to Kathy or Kathy or Gloria or Betty or Beth or Sam and ask how the kids are, how the husbands are, how is life? And they would be honest and wouldn't feel the need to over brag or tell half truths. They would bitch when bitching needed to be done, and they would cry when it wasn't at all necessary and they would scream if they had the burning desire to do so.

Here, the country mouse tends to keep it light. We don't talk about what bastards men can be or what you do on a long ride home when the kids aren't in the car. It's just not appropriate. But I am lucky to have found several like minded woman out here. We have hopes and dreams for our kids. We love the city and feel we don't get there near enough. We love to raise our kids in this small town-- even if there isn't a decent dance class for the older ones. And we share a fondness for one another.

But every once in a while I wish I was brave enough to tell them what I really feel about the rest of the town. I know I'll never be able to open up that way to most of them-- they may be related to some one I despise.

No comments: