Saturday, November 28, 2015


I am tired of not speaking my mind.

In the world we live in,  okay, the world I live in, speaking my mind has become ever and ever more difficult.

I don't want to hurt you. I don't want to be "right".  I want to be kind.  Yet, it is difficult to do so with this motherfucking world being so clearly fucked-up. And not just the world, but the people I love.

My sister and I have not spoken for over a year.  I sent her a birthday card in March, and she wrote on it "return to sender".  That is messed up.

I have friends who support Donald Trump for president because they believe he is not a real Neapolitan, so that will be better than what we now have.  Come to Illinois and see how well that is working for Governor Rauner.  It is messed up.

Kids I know are coming out of college, can't find jobs to pay off their loans and are joining the military so they do not burden their parents or default.  Yep.. messed up.

This is just the personal stuff. The world stuff, not wanting to let in refugees, police violence, social-economic crime that no one cares about... yep.

I have so much to be thankful for, and find it hard to do, because I can do so little to help the many in much greater need.

3 comments:

rosemary said...

When did everything go sideways? I think about that a lot....when? I haven't spoken to my brother since our mother died more than 2 decades ago. I sent him a letter.....no response and his phone # had changed. Maybe it's for the best. I'm not much fun most days.

jp said...

You are now off the hook for ever sending anything else to your sister.

You've summed up pretty much everything. It feels like dark times. I don't really expect it to get better until after elections next year. At this point I almost wouldn't mind a republican getting in just so all the whiners will shut the F up. I said "almost," that would still be the worst thing ever.

yellowdoggranny said...

I don't have friends that like Donald..I have ex-friends that like donald.