So here we go again! We are hosting a girl. Every year is different, but this one is really different. She was with a family for about 5 weeks. They were a welcome family, and she needed a permeate home -- we are a home. A crazy messy home, but a home nonetheless.
When her welcome family said goodbye there were many tears. I was not crying. I was a bit angry -- if you're so sad, why didn't you keep her for the full year? She would have had a great year with you guys. But she'll have a great year with us.
Some people want to have all the fun, but not the responsibility. In a way, that is how it seemed. I am sure it was very hard for them-- to stick to the decision of being a welcome family an not keep this awesome student the full year. However, I hope they give her a chance to settle in to her new home with her new family.
And now for something completely different. A posting came up at work for what I feel is a better position and I am going for it. I applied on Sunday and my first interview is on Wednesday morning. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out!
1 comment:
Good luck with your host student and with your hopefully new job! :)
You are so caring, to welcome a new student into your home every year. :)
Post a Comment