Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So an acquaintance from high school posted some photos from one of the first Metalica shows in Chicago -- Broadway Jack's 1983. I was not in a single picture-- my political career is safe for now.

My son walked out of the house with I book I gave him back in the 6th grade. It is by Zig Ziggler and the title of the book is See You at the Top. For those who don't know it, it is your basic goal setting positive attitude book. I read the book when I was about 22 and I wish someone had given it to me at a younger age.

My son tells me he is reading it, but the Christian thing turns him off. I told him I also have Ageless Body Timeless Mind ( I believe Deepak Chopra is a Buddhist or a Hindu, but I am pretty sure he is not a Christian)

My point is this -- he is searching for meaning. It has been a year since his accident. His grades are better than that have ever been with the tools he has learned -- having to relearn things.
I hope he takes in what he reads and realizes the one thing that all of these PMA books teach -- life has its ups and downs but it is how you react to those things that will decide where you end up. It is up to you to react, respond and only you can decide how you feel--- you can change the way you look at things. And if you have a goal, you really can reach it with a plan. the impossible is possible. I want my kids to know that.. I believe it... I want them to believe it too...

2 comments:

Sling said...

I always try to keep in mind some very sound philosophy.
'You'll never be tempted beyond your ability to resist,nor burdoned beyond your capacity to endure'..
It's a Christian ethic,but works well in any situation.

Miss Healthypants said...

That is wonderful, Citymouse. :) Your son is pondering at a relatively young age--this is a good thing. :)

By the way, I've noticed that you seem to have such a positive attitude lately--way to go! :) My attitude always falls slightly when the temperatures start falling.