Friday, October 16, 2009

Bad news for my son's case

After not hearing from the lawyer for 3 months, I decided to drop him an email...
"they dropped part of the case but that allowed us to make a different motion, hopefully by the end of the year we will be done with motions to dismiss and we can start on depositions"

You would think that dropping part of the case would be something I should know about, but I guess it is not. I checked IL law, and as long as he doesn't do anything to hurt my case.. he is doing his job... no wonder we have the political problems we have in this state! Go Rob Go!!!

I feel loss all over again... not for me, but for my boy. I know in my heart of hearts if there was a teacher there, and if the equipment was properly maintained, he would still be able to hear, and he would not have suffered the effects of a tramatic brain injury. But what the hell... he is alive and I am grateful for that. I think I just wont tell him... not until we know if we are moving forward or stopping. Why bother him with the what ifs... that is for moms.. not for young men.. for my son who I still cant believe I was not able to protect.... I hate guilt....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo to you for bearing these burdens so that he won't have to, as hard as that is on you. And yes, I'm happy that he's thriving in spite of it all, but I really do hope that some justice gets served here, and that it never happens again. Something good has to come out of all this. Stay strong, baby.

Miss Healthypants said...

As always, Mouse, my thoughts and prayers are with you...