Wednesday, October 01, 2014

No I am not going to post that stupid video on my site!

Again.. finding what makes me happy.

It can be a struggle when your entire day is spent at a job where you feel like everything you say is being judged and criticized just because

a. you have a real opinion
b. you try at look at things with a positive attitude
c. your age/gender/years on the job/formal education pushes up against the status quo

If I could think of one thing that made me happy today it would be sending out VALUE cards to my coworkers.  I didn't have to do it. They were just doing their jobs. However, all of those 10 folks were outside of their comfort zone, and I felt they needed to recognize them.  I stayed a little later than planned to make sure I got this done so it would be one of the first emails in their inbox in the morning.  That sure did make me happy.

The other thing that really made me happy was talking to both of my kids yesterday. They both took time to Skype with me, to spite their exhausting schedules at college.  I am happy to know that they are doing at least fair!

Ok, still taking the Happiness class. A bit behind on the Change class. I plan to catch up on Sunday!






No comments: