What is "it"? When you say someone has "it" how do you define that.
Since my son was about 5 years old, he had "it". He would get on the stage, stand in front of a class, even just putting pictures on a board showed his "it".
At first I thought was just a proud mom. I was just excited for my kid. As time went on, I noticed it wasn't just me. Other parents would cry when he would sing. He commanded an audience and made people laugh. Whatever "it" is, he has it.
Yesterday, on stage at the high school verity show, I saw another someone with "it". I took the time to tell her. She was nervous and scared, but her stage presence was incredible, natural, and beautiful. She didn't have to try to grab us, she just did.
I wanted to let her know so that she would keep going, keep working at it and keep trying --even when she was scared.
Don't get me wrong... I was proud of every one of the kids! Some great talent in our little town. I was blown away several times. It is just wonderful to see so many kids out having fun.
I think sometime I am too excited about these talented kids, but I can't help it. I guess I remember what it was like (the few times it happened) to have someone call you out and tell you you did good. Even as an adult, the moments are few and far between.
I think today, you should tell someone how great they are. What a great job they did. What the heck, write them a note! What could it hurt?
No comments:
Post a Comment