This past week, as we received my son's ACT scores for college, I started to reflect on many things -- my job as a mom, my job as a wife, my purpose in life, and my own teen-aged years.
I truly believe you do not regret the things that you do. It is only the things you left undone that leave you with regrets. And so, as look back 20-25 years, there isn't much I regret. However, there is one thing I do miss greatly-- the passion for simple lyrics.
When your between the ages of 16 and 22 you have a connection to music an lyrics that is not jaded by life experience. There is a exhilaration and joy when you hear that song and think for the first time --- how do they know?? They totally feel what I feel.
I wish I can remember having that passion about a song or a poem or verse. It has been at least 5 years. (If you want to know the song.. I can tell you!) As I watch my teens, I see them fall in love with a tune. The music the lyrics the sound. They must hear it, turn it up SSShhhhh mom, don't speak, listen and learn.
Yep, I don't miss much about 16, except for maybe the passion and the joy a new song could bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment