
So both kids are gone for the week. My daughter is spending time with the emotional vampire.. er... um...I mean her aunt. My son, after working 6 weeks as a boyscout camp counselor spent 2000 to spend 10 camping with 45,000 scouts at national Jambo.
I hope my daughter has a great time. I don't want her to feel the same way about she who can not be named as I do. I want them to be close. I want them to bond. And if not, I at least want both of them to make up their own minds about each other. My sister already made the comment that my daughter doesn't talk much. Well duh! She isn't talkative-- she is the listener of the group, and she will repeat the words back to you so watch what you say! Anywho-- I hope they fun together.
My son has posted his status on Facebook thanks to free access at camp. It isn't pretty. He misses home. He misses his friends. He also misses being treated fairly at camp. The 72 kids he is with all are a bit richer and a bit more entitled than our family. Their fearless leader has done everything he can to promote his kids and well... you know where that leaves the rest. My son was a camp counselor all summer. Here worked hard on teamwork acceptance and inclusiveness -- as taught by the camp director. Yea... welcome to Corporate Scouting. We parents saw it coming and there is nothing we can do. I want to say something and included with the not so scouting words would be -- why the hell didn't you guys ask for help if you needed it? Well I just hope he makes it home in one piece and not to bitter with scouting. I still hope he wants to get his Eagle.
Both children will be back this Wednesday. And I don't think they need me. Not that they don't need me as much as they will be fine with out me. It is a sad and pleasing realization. They will go into the world and they will be okay-- no matter what scary unfair things they find ---they will make it and come out stronger and show the world what love and beauty and creativity is all about.
1 comment:
If your kids don't desperately need you, then that means that you're a good Mom. :)
Be proud of yourself, and your kids--you've done a great job! :)
Post a Comment