Monday, September 15, 2008

Do what you love

I love to cook home made pizza.
And when I was selling real estate full time, I loved that job. When I teach the teens for Sunday School-- it's not even like work. When I dance I feel closer to God. I love story telling and being the master of ceremonies for events.

My passions are there-- but it seems I spend less time doing the things I love and more times just getting by. I know this too shall pass. I know I am lucky. But I also know there is a great purpose and I am a part of it-- even if I don't know what that part is.

Here is a re post of a poem I wrote a while back. It was written about the oak tree out that stands in front of my home.


Friday, November 2, 2007
And now the time has come
to drape in colors of the sun
in red and gold
my life unfolds

You thought my luster
was full and green
now you know
I am more than I seem

For a short while
the demure child
is wild

Bending in the breeze
I pretend to be naive
But I know the intention
of the north winds descension

She undresses me
Teasing touching
stripping ripping
layer after layer
til' nothing is there

Leaving me naked
exposed
my true form unfolds

Waiting now
for the first night
to be dressed
in a gown of white

4 comments:

Sling said...

Awesome poem there young Mouse!
Thanks for sharing. :)
Now I'm hungry for home made pizza..

Anonymous said...

My problem these days seems to be that I don't know WHAT I love anymore...

(Aside from your poetry, of course.)

Miss Healthypants said...

Lovely poem, lady. :)

Pat said...

Knowing that you were born to a greater purpose, and knowing that you are supposed to honor your passions, is more than most folks manage. Whatever stall or plateau you are facing now is also happening for a reason, and you are right: it will soon pass. Hang in there Citymouse. We're all right here with you.