Monday, April 21, 2008

The play(s) went so well! I cant even begin to tell you how wonderful they were. Any yes, my kids stole the show.

My daughter played the part of young violet-- pick tails and lolly pop and sarcasm and a jitterbug that made the crowed go wild.

My son had 3 rolls. He was very convincing as the hop-a-la pitch man and when the quartet sang sweet-hog-of-mine he didnt miss a beat even though someone put hot sauce on the phony bottle of beer to through the quartet off.

The sets are torn down and life may get back to normal now.

I haven't done any running in two weeks to spite the fact the weather is beautiful. I just am afraid to run by myself in the morning. It is silly, I have never been afraid of anything before. I think I will set my self up for running later this week.

Fundraisors and commitiment and a job. It is busy. I dont have a whole lot of passion right now. Im busy, but Im not feeling that joy that I use to. I feel as if I am becoming more like my husband, and not in the good way.

My husband works hard and naps. I dont ever see him really happy or laughing. He is content. I have never wanted to be content. Not to knock the hubbie, he is an awsome guy, but passion is something he lacks--- and I need to find mine again.

I dont want to be an old lady on my death bed with a head full of regrets.
I would rather make a fool of my self
Try and fail
Run and fall

It has been my passion that has always made me do thing. Fight the good fight. But I feel like there is so little worth fighting for, and what difference can I make anyway. I know that is the complacency talking.

So in the morning I will be at the fundraiser for the foster children advocacy program, filming the presentation. It's not much, but I'm trying to do something.

Then i will give the advocacy group my 12 month contact plan for donors

Later that day I will send letters off to the kids in the musical to tell them how great they were.

Little things that wont change the world -- but things I can find a bit of passion in.

7 comments:

Traveling Matt said...

musicals are so awesome. did you take pictures afterwards of the kids in their costumes?

Sling said...

We need pix young mouse!
I'm sad that you are afraid to run by yourself.

Citymouse said...

Monica-- i am waiting for some one who taped it to give me a copy, the big "dance" is to die for.

Sling -- so this morning i said "screw fear" and ran, by myself.

Sling said...

That is the sign of heart my friend!..
On the serious side,remember to be aware of your surroundings.
..now I'll preach.

Make eye contact with that unsavory character,he is looking for signs of weakness.

Always go about your route as though you know exactly where you are going,even if you don't.
Ne'er-do-wells are looking for someone out of their element.

If someone is close enough to lay their hands on you,they are close enough for you to gouge their eyes with your car kays,head butt them straight across the nose,strike them squarely in the throat with your fist,or knee them hard as you can in the balls..

..just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

I pity the fool that mucks about with an angry mouse.

le p'tit chef said...

you don't make a difference anyways???
hey, you made a huge difference to a lot of other people in this world, and a damn huge one to me!
i'm sure you will find back to you =)
sorry that i haven't replied to your e-mail yet.. i'm just totally stressed out lately! right now i have one week off but i can't really look at it as vacation cuz i got so much going on.. but oh well..
just had to do an afs interview today with another friend and it reminded me once again of all the good times ;)
love you and miss you!

Miss Healthypants said...

Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I'm sure you've heard that before.

Inspiration is very important. If you get the chance, read "Inspiration" by Dr. Wayne Dyer. It knocked my socks off!

You will always regret it if you don't take chances.

And we all like the dreamer in you! *smiles*